RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE LAW
ENFORCEMENT FISHING CLASSIC (LEFC)
Participation and Eligibility: All Amateur participant vessels must have a sworn Law Enforcement Officer.
1. All participants must be registered in the LEFC prior to commencing of fishing. A properly completed registration form must be received from each participant along with the appropriate fee before fishing.
2. Prizes will be allotted to the top three Northern Pike caught (measured by weight and only by length to break a tie) and for the smallest Northern Pike.
3. Each participant may enter one fish for the weigh in.
4. Each person in a boat must be registered in the LEFC. If not their catch will not be eligible nor shall the catch taken by any other fisherman in the same boat, whether registered or not, be eligible.
5. Participants agree to abide by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources Game and Fish Act and regulations, the Small Vessel Regulations, and the Rules and Regulations of the LEFC.
6. Live or artificial bait may be used. All fish must be caught by conventional sport fishing methods in accordance with recognized angling practises.
7. No holder of a commercial fishing licence may enter.
8. Any entrant who uses anything whatsoever to attempt to falsely represent themselves or the fish they have caught shall be immediately disqualified from this and future LEFC tournaments. All prizes and awards will be forfeited back to the LEFC.
9. Any Northern Pike that appears to be mangled, fouled hooked, snagged, or otherwise altered shall not be eligible for any prize.
10. Fishing Hours for the LEFC is from 8 am to 2 pm. All participants must be beyond the Queensway Bridge (Keswick) at 2pm with their lines out of the water. Failure to do so will automatically disqualify any entries to the weigh in.
11. Ontario Sport Fishing Regulations Re: General Spoiling of Fish – Any fish that has been lawfully caught and which is suitable for food must not be destroyed or permitted to spoil. “If you are going to keep it – eat it. If not put it back.” The LEFC supports a live release event.
12. Participants agree upon making registration to fish in the LEFC that the decisions of the LEFC Director or his designate shall be final and binding on all matters.
13. All participants agree to allow the LEFC Director or his designate to board their boats and to inspect any participants catch and equipment at any time.
For more information contact the Director at email@example.com